Saturday 15 January 2011

Knowing me, Knowing you...ah-ha!

A few days ago Katie of Apple and Spice gave me a blog award which comes with 10 questions to answer. As I simply can't do a blog post without pictures, I tried to add some fun ones along the way to keep you interested in all my ramblings and my over use of the exclamation mark!


Why did you create the blog? 

I can sum up my answer in one sentence - because I'm crazy about cupcakes! and I wanted to share my love of cupcakes with the world through baking them, writing reviews about them and letting everyone know what's going on in the world of cupcakes! 

What kind of blogs do you follow?

Basically any blog that bakes up delicious desserts is one that I will follow! I'm not a fan of food blogs that showcase savoury products...snore! It's all about high amounts of sugar for me! I currently follow over 140 blogs and counting....I find new and delicious blogs on a weekly basis! My other favourite kind of blogs to follow are ones showcasing dessert bars and ideas for making a real show-stopper of a party! If you enjoy those too here are some of my fave - Save the Date for CupcakesHalf Baked and My Sweet and Saucy

Favourite makeup brand?

That would have to be Benefit, and I'll throw Philosophy in there too.  I know technically they're not a make up brand but they make the best lip glosses!
Below are the 3 Benefit products I cannot live without:
Favourite clothing brand?

I'm going to go with a tie between Hollister and Junk Food, I love all of Hollister's Tees since I'm California obsessed and Junk Food have a great range of Root Beer/A&W/U.S.A tees that I just love! 
Your indispensable makeup product?

I'm going to have to go with lipgloss! I never leave the house without it! Back in the U.K I would leave the house with alot more products than that on my skin but here on Island I can just put a slick of lipgloss on and I'm good to go! 

I'm adding this Philosophy peppermint bark lipgloss to my wishlist right now!

Your favourite colour?

If my blog header and background hasn't already given it away, it's purple just like Katie! I am a purple fiend...everything looks better in purple in my opinion! Here is just a small selection of some of my tagged pictures on facebook to give you a glimpse into my colour biased wardrobe! Some day when I'm rich enough to own two KitchenAids, the boysenberry coloured one will be mine! for now I'm happy with my lime green beaut! 

Your perfume?

It has to be Harajuku Lovers by Gwen Stefani! You may not know but I am Gwen obsessed...luckily my obsession has grown out of having to own every piece of Gwen and No Doubt memorabilia possible - ebay sure did make alot of money off me in my teens! but old habits die hard and when I saw she was bringing out this cute little perfume range I just had to have the 'Gwen' fragrance.  I would have loved it even if it didn't smell good...but the bonus is it smells AMAZING! It is a sunny tropical fragrance with hints of coconut and jasmine, and did I mention about the super cute bottles it comes in! The great thing is every season they bring out a different Gwen, like the 'Snow bunny' Gwen I got last year for Christmas and this year the Gwen I got had furry hair and everything! 

Your favourite film?
So I know I should be writing something inspiring and thought provoking in this space here...but the truth of the matter is it's Grease 2! It's a classic and was one of the most watched films in our house growing up! I wanted to be a pink lady and I wanted a cool rider...who didn't! 


What country would you like to visit and why?
You all know the country I most want to live in is America...San Diego to be more specific but since I'm hoping that's all part of my life plan already then where I would like to visit at this moment in time is  Hawaii.  I love the sunshine and I love the beach and my husband loves the waves so we'd check off all 3 of those boxes if we took a visit there.  We're currently living on an Island with daily sunshine and beautiful beaches all around but Providenciales is famous for having flat glass like water so if you're looking to surf you'd be better going to Hawaii! The other difference that we'd find in Hawaii is they actually have shops! not just shops, whole shopping centres! They have Taco Bell, Walmart!! Awesome diners, Cupcakeries and all the other American chains I love! but one of my most important (and geeky) reasons why I want to visit Hawaii is for the Volcanoes! Ever since my days of G.C.S.E geography I have been fascinated by volcanoes and on Hawaii you can come face to face with Kilauea, one of the most active volcanoes in the world! How awesome would that be!
Make up the last question and answer it yourself
Which recipes from my blog do you need to bake a.s.a.p?
If you're a brownie lover, then you need to bake these Chocolate Mint Oreo Brownies
If you're into bars, these Rocky Road Bars are hands down my favourite crowd pleaser! 
If you need to bake that someone special the most delicious Chocolate Layer Cake ever...look no further.
If you are OREO crazy, then you simply must make these Oreo Truffles and while you're at it why not make them into toppers for your Oreo cupcakes too! Don't stop there...whip up this Mint Oreo Ice Cream Pie just to top it all off, it'll be a definite cure for your Oreo cravings!
Finally for all the CUPCAKE LOVERS out there, if you're in the mood for a moist fruity cupcake then the Hummingbird is a must, if chocolate is more your thing Martha's Brownie Cupcakes NEVER fail to excite people's taste buds.  Finally, my favourite frosting ever - the Vanilla Bean Paste masterpiece, and you might us well whip up some Root Beer Float Cupcakes to accompany it! 


Now go get baking!


I would like to pass this award and 10 question challenge onto the following 10 bloggers:

5 comments:

  1. It was great to know a bit more about you. I'd love to visit Hawaii too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved reading all your answers, the way you do the photo boards is so cool! I'll try and answer the questions, but it won't be as exciting as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link back!
    Love your questions and answers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the award. I loved reading all your answers. The pictures definitely give it a very 'Gem' touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on your award. These questions are great. Purple is my favourite colour too,and I have that Gwen Stefani perfume >.<

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails