Thursday 3 June 2010

Hey Now! We wear All Stars, Hi or low top! Let's play!



As you all know by now, I am a baker! However you may not be aware that I am also a scrapper! A lazy scrapper...but one nonetheless.  In a few months it will be our 3 year anniversary and I'm only halfway through scrapping our wedding album so that will give you an indication of my laziness! 

It's not that I don't like scrapping, in fact I love it!! and when the inspiration grabs me (as it did last night) there's no stopping me and I had to stay up til 1.30am just to get it finished! but I just don't seem to find the time to squeeze it in as often as I would like, I also work better when I have scrap buddies with me like my sisters, Mel and Mara...who are scrapaholics compared to me! 

The challenge on this months These are a few of my favourite things blog was to scrap your favourite shoes!! As soon as I saw what it was I knew I had to take part! Shoes are one of my obsessions, and so the only problem I had was deciding which shoes to scrap about!! I was thinking of doing my polka dot shoes I had custom made for our wedding, but in the end my Chuck Taylor collection proved too good an opportunity to miss! So I snapped a pic of every colour I own and let my fantastic husband work his photoshop magic to make it look like this:
I then used an awesome Converse postcard that Mel sent me from Brighton when she was there the other week, and I cut up all the little pairs of All Stars and used them as a border.  I had a few American embellishments that I couldn't resist using! and I even had this 'stars and stripes' font on my computer which I used for the journalling:
I was desperately running out of the relevant alphabet needed for the heading in my sticker collection, a lack of a's and e's presents a problem! so with scrapping tips on hand from Mel she suggested a handmade bunting heading so I inked the little triangles in red and attached it to some red ribbon and I was quite pleased with how it turned out:

I added the finishing touch with an adorable mini pair of Converse's my mom bought me a while back.  I'm not sure exactly what they're made out of but they're almost porcelain and then painted, but they sure look like the real deal! A couple of pritt pads later and they made the page complete!
I love the way with this page I managed to combine 3 of my favourite things: Converse, America and Polka Dots!! I should have just sneaked a cupcake brad in somewhere along the line and you would have had all of my obsessions in one!

12 comments:

  1. OMYGOSH!!! This is AMAZING!! WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that photo, and loving the banner...and loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that little converse charm!!! This JUST ROCKS!! WOW!! Thanks soooooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with us! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT!!! Such a great layout and I love all the little Converse Shoes:) Perfect!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fave Things:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really really love this! Ive had a bad day and it just made me smile! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow - what an amazing page! I love it! you should scrap more often, the polka dot paper, the american details, the bunting - its all amazing. And the photo looks so great with the black & white background. the little converse shoes are the perfect finishing touch! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very effective LO! I love all of the little details and embellies relating to your converse. I think the banner (aka bunting) works really well and the red inking sets it off. The photoshopped pic works really well and the little actual converse look so authentic and like the have just been kicked off by a surly teen....
    Don't forget to scrap that poem!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am totally in love with those tiny All Stars!the whole page just rocks!!! Thanks for playing!!
    Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow - need to keep my converse loving daughter away from this page so she doesn't get any wild ideas! very fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My daughter would die for that collection. Love your layout. Super cute. Thanks for playing. Hugs,Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow..this is beautiful!Loving those all stars!
    And i love your layout!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Fave Things!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those tiny All Stars are GREAT!!! LOVE them!!
    Love your layout!!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fave Things!

    XXXJenneke

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is AWESOME...love the bunting and the little porcelain One-Stars! Good luck with the contest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute cute cute! love it!!
    xoxo~Sophie
    sisters4saymoreismore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails