Friday 12 February 2010

Midnight Madagascan Baking! Raspberry & White Chocolate Cupcakes with Swiss White Chocolate Frosting

You want to know the secret to these white chocolate and raspberry cupcakes? It's all about this....


Swiss white chocolate: smooth and delicate creamy chocolate made with swiss milk and Madagascan natural vanilla...and the good news is it comes from Tesco and was only £1.01 when I purchased it earlier! bargain! and I happened to buy some Green & Black's organic white choc earlier in the week just because my purchase had to be over £5 at a newsagents to use my card and it was the nearest chocolate to me..and wow was I disappointed, I couldn't even finish it and that's just not like me and chocolate!! To be honest I've never really been a white chocolate lover but oh wow does this chocolate change my mind!

So it's the secret ingredient to make my cupcakes de-lish! I use regular white choc chips in the batter and then for the frosting I whipped up some Hummingbird vanilla buttercream, melted the swiss choc and added it to that and it makes for really dreamy icing! combined with a fruity moist raspberry to top it up and you've got one tasty cupcake!

Almost too good to share..but I promised the staff at School this week I'd bake some more cupcakes so these will be shared around!

P.s Check out my new background in the pic this week..it's some amazing cupcake wrapping paper, that wait for it, only cost 85p! I couldn't believe it..in fact that was what I purchased at the newsagents and so I found £4.15 worth or random stuff I didn't want or need just so I could buy this cupcake delight!

White Chocolate & Raspberry Cupcakes:
Makes 12 regular or 24 mini

175g butter
175g caster sugar
3 beaten eggs
175g self raising flour
75g fresh raspberries
75g white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
Add the eggs one at a time
Mix in the flour
Fold in the raspberries and chocolate chips
Spoon into cases and bake in the oven for 20 mins or until they are a golden brown colour

Swiss White Chocolate Frosting:

250g sifted icing sugar
80g unsalted butter (at room temp)
25ml whole milk
a couple of drops of vanilla extract
White chocolate (I'm not sure how much I used...Maybe half the bar above)

Beat icing sugar and butter together in a mixer on medium-slow speed until it comes together
Combine milk and vanilla in separate bowl and add to the butter mix a couple of tblspoons at a time
Melt some white chocolate in the microwave, in short 15 second bursts.  Add it to the butter mix according to how much of a white chocolatey taste you are after!
Turn mixer up to high speed and continue beating until the frosting is light and fluffy, at least 5 mins.

2 comments:

  1. Wow these look lush wish I could just reach out and take one - when will that technology be invented hey?! I want a kitchen aid - my humble food processor is just not the same. I have made some tasty choc chip cookies this week tho! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mate you have no idea..you'll never look back-my life began with my kitchenaid! You should totally get the boysenberry one..although your kitchen has a red theme go for candy red, i would say it would make a perfect valentines prezzie hey?hehe xxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails