Tuesday 4 November 2014

Ferrero Rocher & Nutella Fudge Cream Pie


So I know I promised you a Nutella break for a while...but I just can't keep away from the stuff!

Also, I'm having a hard time shifting my baby weight - because did you know that baby weight doesn't fall off itself, and it also doesn't fall off when you eat brownies and cupcakes and huge slabs of dairy milk and toblerone nightly!

So my husband suggested we abstain from any chocolate or baked goods during the week, and that we can 'treat' ourselves on the weekend! Do you know that I can't recall the last time I even went for one single day without a chocolate fix??? So this was a really big deal! At the end of our first week, I felt like I had just run a 20k marathon - does that even exist? See I'm so busy eating the whole pan of brownies I don't even know what distance marathons are run in, but anyway it felt like a massive massive achievement!


So to reward myself for being so good for a whole 5 DAYS I made this beast of a pie! because I may or may not have been dreaming it up the whole week long!

...and what a way to break a diet! Nutella? check, Chocolate? check

 

 Oreo crust? check



 Ferrero Rocher's? check



 Double cream? check


 Oh and don't forget the Nutella drizzle!


You can't finish off a beast of a cream pie like this without copious amounts of warm drizzled Nutella!

It is super rich and pretty sweet because of the addition of the Nutella to the chocolate fudge filling - both of which are absolutely fine by me but if you're not into super sweet fillings (then why are you following my blog?!) then perhaps you'd want to increase your dark chocolate to Nutella ratio.  I do think the cream balances it all out nicely though and it would certainly make a great dessert at any dinner party, for a Nutella lover, or just to sit in front of the T.V with on a rainy weekday night ;)


Ferrero Rocher & Nutella Fudge Cream Pie:
Serves 14
From Cupcake Crazy Gem

  For the base:
18 Oreos, crushed
60g unsalted butter, melted

For the Nutella fudge filling:
397g condensed milk
100g milk chocolate
100g dark chocolate
 200g Nutella
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract

9 Ferrero Rocher's, halved

For the topping:
250ml double cream, whipped
2 tbsp Nutella
3 Ferrero Rocher's, chopped

For the frosting:
1 tbsp cream cheese
3 tbsp icing sugar
3 heaped tbsp Nutella

4 Ferrero Rocher's, halved

Grease your pie dish with a thin layer of butter.

Crush the Oreos in a blender.  Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small bowl in the microwave.  Mix the butter in with the Oreo crumbs until the mixture is sticky and when you roll it in a ball it holds its shape.  Spread the biscuit layer into the bottom of the pie dish, pressing down with the back of a teaspoon.  I used my hands to press the remaining crumbs into the sides of the dish to ensure the crust was evenly distributed.  Refrigerate for 20 minutes whilst making the fudge filling.

In a medium saucepan, add the condensed milk, chopped dark chocolate, Nutella, salt and vanilla.  Stir over a medium-low heat until melted.  Get your Oreo crust out of the fridge and spread the fudge layer on top, save back a small amount - about half a cup.

Now the fun part: chop 9 Ferrero Rocher's in half.  Press them into the fudge layer - filling side down.  Spread the remaining fudge on top so most of the Ferrero's are hidden.

Whip double cream in the bowl of an electric mixer on high for 3-4 minutes until peaks start to form.  Meanwhile melt 2 heaped tablespoons of Nutella in a small microwaveable bowl for 30-60 seconds.  Spread your whipped cream on top of the fudge filling.  Smooth it out.  Dip a knife into the bowl of melted Nutella and flick it across the top of the cream, repeat several times.  Chop up 3 Ferrero Rocher's and throw them on top of the cream.  

To make the Nutella frosting, beat the cream cheese with the icing sugar until creamy and then stir in the Nutella.  Put the frosting into a piping bag fitted with a star attachment.  Pipe 8 swirls evenly around the edge of the pie.  

Cut four Ferrero Rocher's in half.  Alternate each half between filling down and filling up and press them into the frosting.

Eat and enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. I honestly don't know how you do it, you always seem to concoct the most gloriously chocolate, indulgent treats. I felt my mouth drop open at this post! Haha. Speaking of indulgence, I saw this post on Sprinkle Bakes and immediately thought of you: http://www.sprinklebakes.com/2014/11/candy-bar-cheesecake-brownie-mountain.html

    Perhaps it could be next week's "I've abstained from chocolate for 5 days" reward?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab combination Gem. Love both Ferrero Rocher and Nutella so a big thumbs up from me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd willingly starve for a week if it means I can have a slice of this pie!! It looks amazing and has everything that I love in it.Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to invite you to join our site www.erecipe.com . I really enjoy your blog and recipes and I think the over 8,000 unique daily visitors to eRecipe will too.
    By joining eRecipe, we will provide the Nutrition Facts for every recipe you post in which you could customize and add to your blog. Viewers need and love to know the nutritional facts. Its a free service that we offer to blogs and recipes we really love. It looks professional and your members will love it.
    Simply visit www.erecipe.com or contact me at erecipe00@gmail.com. We look forward having you in our network!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As soon as I read the title I knew you were going to create something deliciously crazy - that looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ferrero Rocher & Nutella - no better than that :) I really like this recipe!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails