Sunday 3 January 2010

I think I should stick to cupcakes!


So I bought these awesome festive cookie cutters and decided it would be fun to make some shortbread and decorate it as a festive treat. I'd planned to give it to my visiting teachers but it all seemed to go wrong!
The cookies spread out whilst baking and so there was an extra outline around them of cookie that shouldn't really have been there (not sure if that makes sense!) and they didn't really seem to have the consistency and appearance of shop bought shortbread. The decorating part didn't go too smoothly either and by the end of it all I decided it would be embarassing to give to people as they were so bad so I saved them for By to eat and he thought they were pretty tasty!
Maybe I'll have to try again sometime but for now I'm back to cupcakes!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails