Friday 14 August 2009

12. Primrose Bakery - Tavistock St




Now..this place was tricky to find!!! I'd looked it up on the internet the night before and had a good idea of where it would be..Laur and I tried to find it first thing and we couldn't...so we gave up, later in the day we decided again even asking some people a couple of streets down where Tavistock St was and they didn't know!!! In the end we turned to Jade's phone for help and 3rd time lucky we found it! Aren't my friends lovely for putting up with me!! My friend Sinead - a fellow cupcake lover - had told me great things about this place so I didn't feel I could miss it being so close!
I liked the cupcake transfer on the window! and definitely liked the look of their triple combo milkshake maker..I will have to try one there one day when I'm not so full up! I wasn't as impressed by their overall cupcake selection...perhaps it was because we'd come later in the afternoon! they also didn't have names on so it was hard deciphering which was which. I asked the guy and he told me one was lime and coconut..that's all I needed to hear! so I bought one (in a box to take home) as I couldn't possibly eat anymore after our crazy day of treats (We also went to cybercandy and I indulged in some root beer too!) and this morning I ate it for breakfast!! healthy I know. The lime flavour of the cupcake was delicious..perhaps it may be a little overbearing for some people but as a lime lover I thought it was great! I was a little disappointed with the icing..I think that let it down, it could have been some really rich creamy coconut buttercream and that would have topped it off just nicely!! All in all it was a tasty cupcake though...and there ended our day of cupcake fun in London!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails