Friday 25 January 2013

White Chocolate Peppermint M&M Cookies


I used to see awesome looking recipes on American blogs that involved speciality candies that we just didn't get in England, I would wish longingly that I could have access to those tasty treats! Sometimes I would get so desperate that I would pay crazy high prices to order them off American grocery websites...but I no longer have to do that!

When I spotted this recipe and realised it included White Chocolate Peppermint M&M's, I already had a bag of these babies sitting in my cupboard...just waiting to be baked up into something awesome! and so paired with some white chocolate chips and crushed candy canes, and these cookies were born! 

I have never had crushed candy canes in cookies before, they gave a great texture and didn't give an overbearing peppermint flavour either.  The white chocolate chips balanced out the mintiness perfectly! and these cookies tasted great cold...and even better warm too!

They were the perfect seasonal treat!


White Chocolate Peppermint M&M Cookies:
Makes 30

3 cups plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup crushed candy canes
1 cup White Chocolate Peppermint M&M's

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Line a large baking sheet with a silpat baking mat (I have one of those now too!) or parchment paper and set aside.

Combine flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda in a medium bowl.  Set aside.

Cream butter and sugars together in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until combined.  Add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.  Slowly mix in the dry ingredients.  Stir in the white chocolate chips, candy canes and M&M's.

Drop heaped tablespoons of dough on prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.  Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are golden around the edges, but still soft in the centre.  Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes.  Transfer cookies to wire rack and cool completely.

Eat and enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. These sound delicious. I have not tried the White Chocolate Peppermint M&M's, but I will have to give them a go in these cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always look with longing at all the special flavours of m&ms too. These look amazing. I love the combo of peppermint and white choc!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely way to incorporate peppermint - I often find it can be overpowering if you use extract but I bet this was just perfect

    PS. Yes, pineapple curd is my favourite! Interested to see how your mango curd comes out

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Two Peas in a Pod blog so just know these would be delicious! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww i don't like you anymore :P because you have access too all the ingredients we don't have here in Australia :( These look super delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous and lovely pictures too! I love candy canes, definitely putting these on the Christmas baking list for next year. I think I'm stepping into your shoes ordering M&Ms from America websites/shops, I've got a M&M pretzel bake waiting to be blogged and a bag of mint M&Ms lurking in the cupboard! M&Ms are a legitimate reason to move to the States right? Do you think I could put that on the visa application? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yum! Those look so good! Perfect for Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cookies! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi I really enjoyed your website and I'm also a big cupcake lover. I have just opened my own website I would be interested in your advice on my website store but also the flavours I have made. www.stickyandsweetcupcake.co.uk kind reagrds Louise

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails