Saturday 17 December 2011

Christmas Mint Oreo Truffles coated with Mint Aero Chocolate


I know, I know - Oreo Truffles? you've heard it all before! These have been around the blogging world for about as long as I can remember...

but they are a timeless classic and delicious enough to be mentioned again! 

Everyone knows I am a fan of the Mint Oreo and especially because it's nearly Christmas I thought it was more than appropriate to make some Mint Oreo Truffles to take to our Relief Society Christmas social at church.

I even coated them in Mint Aero chocolate just for fun, but I made sure I used half regular chocolate and half Mint Aero because despite the past 3 days featuring minty treats I do know where to draw the line when it comes to mint! 

So, for those of you who are new to the Oreo Truffle - only 3 ingredients are required: Oreos, Cream Cheese and Chocolate! So what are you waiting for?

They are the perfect party treat! 


Mint Oreo Truffles:
Makes about 30 (depending on how large you want them)
Adapted from Bakerella

450g Mint Oreo cookies 
225g Cream cheese
200g Mint Aero chocolate
200g Milk chocolate
Sprinkles and sanding sugars to decorate

Finely crush the Oreo cookies in a food processor or in a ziploc bag with a rolling pin.
Stir in softened cream cheese. Use the back of a large spoon to help mash the two together completely.
Roll the mixture into 1″ balls and place on wax paper covered baking tray.
Place covered in the freezer for 30 minutes to help them retain shape when dipping in melted chocolate.
Melt chocolate in a double boiler or in 30 second intervals in the microwave.
Dip balls into chocolate (I use a teaspoon) tap off extra and set aside on wax paper covered cookie sheet to dry.
Sprinkle with green and red sanding sugar and festive Christmas tree sprinkles. Make sure to sprinkle the decorations on one at a time after each truffle has been dipped, if you try to do a few at a time the chocolate will set before you get the chance to stick them on.
Refrigerate for 30 minutes and then enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. yum, the chocolate coating looks perfectly smooth, very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum these sound amazing! I love the way you've decorated them :) I've been meaning tO make some kind of truffley treat - ill have to see if I have time!!

    Kc

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love oreo truffles but mint oreo sound even better :) Wishing you and your family and very happy Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've made orea truffles before but i've never thought of putting mint in them :) yummy! Happy Holidays :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails